Just the box scores. Apologies for the outage.
PCL All-Stars 12, IL All-Stars 7
- Thyago Vieira: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, six of eight pitches for strikes.
Mississippi 9, Birmingham 2
- Joel Booker went 1-for-3.
- Luis Alexander Basabe homered and struck out three times.
- Nicky Delmonico was 2-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Zack Collins went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Danny Mendick 1-for-3.
- Alex Call drew a walk and struck out thrice.
*Dylan Cease was scratched from this start because he’s going to pitch in the Futures Game.
Salem 5, Winston-Salem 4
- Luis Gonzalez went 2-for-5 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Laz Rivera went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts and a sac bunt. He was also caught stealing.
- Blake Rutherford, 0-for-4 with a K.
- Gavin Sheets was 0-for-4.
- Ti’Quan Forbes, 1-for-4.
- Lincoln Henzman is getting stretched out: 3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
Greensboro 6, Kannapolis 2
- Luis Curbelo went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
- Carlos Perez was 2-for-4.
- Evan Skoug, 0-for-2 with a walk.
- Andrew Perez: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
Great Falls 10, Orem 1
- Lenyn Sosa went 0-for-3 with a sac fly.
- Corey Zangari was 1-for-3 with a triple and an HBP.
- Romy Gonzalez went 2-for-4.
- Amado Nunez, 1-for-4 with a triple and a strikeout.
- Jhoandro Alfaro had a big night: 3-for-4 with a homer and a double.
- Maiker Feliz went 1-for-4 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Jonathan Stiever: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
DSL Orioles 1, DSL White Sox 0 (Game 1, 7 innings)
- The Sox were no-hit.
DSL Orioles 1, DSL White Sox 0 (Game 2, 7 innings)
- Jefferson Mendoza went 2-for-3.
- Jerrick Francees was 1-for-3 with a strikeout.
Winston Salems’s SB % this year is 59%. Not sure how that compares to other minor league teams, but that seems pretty bad.
For the Carolina league, they are last. League average is 66%.
Southern Division Aff SB%
Winston-Salem Dash CHW 0.592
Potomac Nationals WSN 0.602
Salem Red Sox BOS 0.663
Frederick Keys BAL 0.644
Down East Wood Ducks TEX 0.740
Wilmington Blue Rocks KCR 0.728
Buies Creek Astros HOU 0.665
Lynchburg Hillcats CLE 0.613
Carolina Mudcats MIL 0.729
Myrtle Beach Pelicans CHC 0.655
League Totals 0.665
But how is their safety squeeze %?
Every attempt is a learning opportunity….