No products in the cart.
Josh is hanging out in Birmingham, where he’s watching the Barons and knocking out a lot of interviews for posts and the podcast. Follow him on Twitter if you don’t already.
For instance, he saw Jordan Guerrero pitch. While his ceiling is still lowered by the lack of a strong breaking ball, at least his velocity is where it was:
Back-to-back strikeouts for Guerrero to end the 3rd.
6 strikeouts for Guerrero through 3 innings. Fastball 89-91 mph, Changeup 78 mph, Curve 73 mph.
— Josh Nelson (@soxmachine_josh) April 14, 2018
- Charlie Tilson went 1-for-5 with a double and a strikeout.
- Ryan Cordell was 1-for-4 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Daniel Palka homered, singled, walked and struck out twice.
- Casey Gillaspie was 2-for-5 with a strikeout.
- Tito Polo went 2-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout. He also swiped four bases.
- Jameson Fisher was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Seby Zavala, 1-for-2 with a sac fly, walk and strikeout.
- Jordan Guerrero: 4 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Ian Hamilton: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
*Birmingham hasn’t seen anything like Polo’s basepath capers in a while.
— Curt Bloom (@CurtBloom4) April 14, 2018
- Joel Booker, doubled, singled and struck out thrice.
- Luis Alexander Basabe was 3-for-5 with a double.
- Alex Call was 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Micker Adolfo, 2-for-4.
- Gavin Sheets also went 2-for-4, with a double and a strikeout.
- Yeyson Yrizarri was 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Ti’Quan Forbes was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Dylan Cease: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K
*Future Sox watched Dylan Cease’s second start of the season, and it looks like what I would’ve seen in Cease’s debut had he received adequate defensive support — specifically the way his stuff remained strong but started missing by more in the middle innings.
Cease's command loosening a bit. Velo same but leaving more up, venturing further from the zone in the 4th.
— FutureSox (@FutureSox) April 14, 2018
- Luis Gonzalez went 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Justin Yurchak went 1-for-4 with a K.
- Evan Skoug, 0-for-2 with two walks and a strikeout.
- Tate Blackman struck out three times and bunted once.
- Michael Hickman struck out three times and singled once.