No products in the cart.
Spring Training is now underway with all positions officially reporting this past Monday, and the first game in the books. As Jim outlined last month, 22 non-roster invitees will be in attendance, hoping to make a strong impression, whether for the Sox or perhaps another team. Who will make it, if any? In past years, the Sox have had as many as seven NRIs play for the major league club, and as few as two.
Today’s Sporcle is quite the challenge, and I’ll take a moment to thank Jim for the theme idea. Your task? Name all NRIs to have played for the White Sox since 2007. That’s a total of 59 names. Good luck!
- As usual, first and last names are accepted, in addition to just last names.
- Because of the high degree of difficulty for this quiz, I’ve allotted the full 20 minutes to attempt completion.
- As hints, I’ve provided the season and the primary position of the player in question.
Useless information to amaze, annoy, confound, and/or confuse your friends:
- 56% of the players on this list are pitchers.
- Of the position players on this list, 50% are catchers.
- Or, taken another way, nearly 80% (79.6) of all players on this list are pitchers and catchers.
- One player on this list appears three separate times (hint: an old SSS meme)
Jim Margalus’ previous research on NRIs