No products in the cart.
Monday marked the last day of the season for the Charlotte Knights, Birmingham Barons and Kannapolis Intimidators. The Winston-Salem Dash will resume play in the Carolina League postseason beginning on Wednesday.
- Gwinnett 7, Charlotte 0
- Jordan Danks went 1-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Dayan Viciedo drew another walk during an 0-for-3 day.
- Jeff Marquez: 5 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 6 K.
- Mississippi 2, Birmingham 1
- Charles Leesman closed out his season with a strong six innings, allowing a run on five hits and a walk while striking out six.
- Josh Phegley, on the other hand, struck out in all four trips to the plate.
- Brian Omogrosso took the loss, allowing a run on a hit in hit inning of work. He struck out two.
- Winston-Salem 10, Salem 5
- Jose Martinez went 0-for-6.
- Nick Ciolli singled and struck out three times in five trips to the plate.
- Jon Gilmore went 2-for-6 with a strikeout.
- Lakewood 3, Kannapolis 2
- Tyler Saladino went 2-for-4 with an RBI, as did Juan Silverio.
- Justin Collop struck out seven over seven, allowing three runs on six hits and a walk.
- Great Falls 12, Helena 3
- Ross Wilson went 3-for-5 with a homer, walk and five RBI.
- Andy Wilkins went 1-for-5 with an RBI and a strikeout.
- Addison Reed struck out the side with a walk in a scoreless inning.
Site note: I’m back from a brief vacation, and now all caught up with the roundups and State of the Sox (thanks to Shinons and moroots for their help with recaps).
If there’s anything you’d like me to discuss in tomorrow’s post — or if you want to beat me to talking about things — hit me.