No products in the cart.
(Update to the update: Registration is fixed.)
Tell your sons, tell your daughters, tell your friends, tell your neighbors — I’ve relaunched Sox Machine on a new platform (WordPress MU), and the pros outweigh the cons.
All the details after the jump (and yes, posts can jump now):
Really, there’s just one con — it’ll be an undetermined amount of time until I have the previous years’ worth of posts. I’m guessing I won’t be able to tackle it until the offseason. C’est la vie.
The pros are numerous. In bullet-point form:
- It’s WordPress, which means it’s highly supported and customizations are being developed all the time.
- Comments are threaded — easier to reply to individual posts for more of an actual discussion.
- You can also embed links (using <a> tags) in the comments now.
- The search function is better, which combined with post tagging will make everything more accessible.
- While there’s no mobile version yet, you can post comments by phone.
- There are numerous plugins to create a mobile version, but I haven’t been able to test any of them out.
- E-mail support for lost passwords and such actually work.
And so on. To summarize: This will be better. I’ll just be building on to it as I go.
You’ll still have to register. I know it’s a pain in the ass, but it helps keep the drive-by morons at bay.
I’m up for any more suggestions if you have them. It may be a while until I’m actually able to address them, but now I feel more confident that I’ll, you know, be able to address them.
Thanks for your patience.